Mommy Made From Scratch

Sunday, July 24, 2011

S'mores Bites

    So I guess this is along the lines of baking since it's a dessert and all but because I don't actually ever put it in the oven I'm pretty sure this counts as cooking. I made these a while back but took good notes and several photos of the finished product. I wish I had thought then to take photos throughout the process but I didn't. Live and learn I guess. I made these around Valentine's Day so there were heart shaped pink marshmallows in the stores and plenty of heart shaped cookie cutters as well. It doesn't really matter what shape you make them as long as you have a cookie cutter or other object, such as a bottle cap, to make in the shape of your marshmallow. I recently saw star shaped marshmallows in the store so I guess the possibilities are as endless as your marshmallow options. Here's all of the deliciousness:



S'mores Bites
(Recipe from Crazy Domestic)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
bakers chocolate
marshmallows in your choice of shapes

Directions:
1. Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Spread the mixture evenly onto a 9x13 pan lined with foil. Place pan into the freezer for an hour. Take the foil from the pan and lay onto a hard surface. (I had a whole tv tray setup in the living room so I could watch some shows while doing this! Lazy, I know.) Use your cookie cutter and cut out several shapes.

2. Dip the bottom of your marshmallow in the melted chocolate. You can use a toothpick or small fork to hold onto the marshmallow easier if you like. Then place the marshmallow onto the graham cracker shape so that the chocolate sticks to the graham cracker. (This should make layers in this order from top to bottom: marshmallow, chocolate, graham).

3. Make a tray of these then put into the freezer until the chocolate has hardened. Then take the whole marshmallow/graham cracker piece and dip into the chocolate until covered. I set the whole piece on a fork to dip so that the excess chocolate would drip between the tongs of the fork into the bowl of chocolate.

4. Lay the piece onto some wax paper and sprinkle with any kind of edible decoration you want. I used sprinkles. Then place back in the freezer until hardened. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!


Just chillin' in the freezer




The finished product




Delicioso!


1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! Thanks for stopping by and linking up on Welcome Wednesday! I also have Follow Me Friday Alexa Hop that starts tomorrow! :) You should stop back and check that out too. http://www.slopswap.com

    ReplyDelete