Mommy Made From Scratch

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mexican Cucumber and Carrot Salad



Right now we're buried in zucchini and cucumbers from our garden. At least with zucchini you can freeze it for later use. Cucumbers, however, are a different story. And our cucumbers taste pretty good but look a bit odd...



...so it's not like I can sell them and I wouldn't doubt it if those that I have given them to are a little afraid to eat them. That means we have to eat them all or let them go to waste. I hate wasting food. I've been searching the web for a new cucumber recipe because I think my family's had their fill of various salads and sandwiches with them included. I ran across this recipe from kellieann on allrecipes.com and slightly modified to fit my family's taste. This Mexican Cucumber and Carrot Salad is delish! I hope you agree! Try it and let me know. I love comments, by the way.

Mexican Cucumber and Carrot Salad

Ingredients

  • 1 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 (8 ounce) package baby carrots
  • 1 lime
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt





Combine the cucumber and baby carrots in a bowl. Juice the lime directly over the bowl or pour in from a separate container. I hate dirtying up more dishes so I chose the Rachael Ray method of juicing a lime by simply squeezing each half separately upside down over the bowl so that the lime innards don't fall out into your mixture.







Add the chili powder and salt to the bowl then toss to coat evenly. Bon appetit!







No comments:

Post a Comment