Mommy Made From Scratch

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Patriotic Berry Kebabs

We're entering a busy time in our household. Tatiana will be entering preschool in less than two weeks, MOPS is starting up again along with all of the other church, work and school related activities that begin in the fall. I think everyone could use as much extra time as possible with our busy daily schedules.

So with that said along with Labor Day coming up I thought I'd share a little recipe that isn't entirely made from scratch but is quick, fun and easy. I found this recipe online somewhere but didn't bookmark it so I'm not sure who I got the idea from. If it's you, please message me and I'll give you full credit and link back to you.

Originally I made these for the 4th of July but they could really be made for any patriotic holiday or just for a delicious and healthy treat any day of the week. Enjoy!



Patriotic Berry Kebabs

1 pint of blueberries
1 pint of strawberries
1 angel food cake
whipped cream (optional)
granulated sugar (optional)

Cut the angel food cake into bite size cubes. Hull the strawberries then simply skewer each piece of the recipe onto the stick in whatever pattern you like. When finished the fruit and cake can be dipped in the whipped cream or the entire skewer can be sprinkled with sugar. Have a great Labor Day weekend!



5 comments:

  1. These sounds so easy and good!! I love that you could change up the fruit/cake and create tons of different combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were a big hit with family and friends and the kids seemed to especially like them because things are always better when they're on a stick! Glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased a store-made patriotic angel food cake tonight to make this for the upcoming holiday. SOO glad you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for hosting the link-up!

      Delete
  4. Love your festive fruit kebabs!! Thanks for sharing on Fit and Fab!

    ReplyDelete