Mommy Made From Scratch

Friday, September 30, 2011

Armstrong Family Fare Pumpkin Puree



Lately I've been wanting to make some pumpkin dishes but can't seem to find any pureed pumpkin anywhere. There isn't even a label on the shelf for it. The thought of not having any homemade pumpkin treats this year almost makes me want to cry. I love pumpkin.

So yesterday I had the chance to bring Asher over to my friend Willa's house to have a playdate with her kids. Willa just so happens to be an excellent baker, cook and fellow food blogger over at Armstrong Family Fare. She informed me that the pumpkin crop wasn't so great so the supply is down this year. That explained my pumpkin puree dilemma. Thankfully Willa knows her stuff and has posted today about how to make your own pumpkin puree. I'm hoping to head out to some local farms this weekend and pick up some pumpkins to try this out for myself. Please check out her post and let us know what you think! Happy fall!

1 comment: