Mommy Made From Scratch

Monday, December 12, 2011

Nutty Chocolate Dipped Ritz

In my house growing up we would usually eat a very filling Christmas lunch then would snack as well as munch on all of the leftovers for the rest of the day as we spent time together. We usually had Ritz crackers out along with different types of cheese to eat with it. I guess it's for that reason that I usually associate Ritz crackers with the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I eat them throughout the year as well but they always have seemed to be more special than other crackers.

This year I wanted to do something a bit different with them. So on this 9th day of the 12 Days of Christmas Treats I am pleased to share with you my recipe for Nutty Chocolate Dipped Ritz!





Nutty Chocolate Dipped Ritz
Ritz crackers
4 bars (half a package) baker's chocolate
1 cup chocolate chips
Nutella hazelnut spread
peanut butter


Line baking sheet with wax paper. Lay out enough crackers to fill baking sheet, allowing space in between each cracker as shown below. Spread Nutella on one side of Ritz crackers.




Spread peanut butter on another cracker and lay on top of Nutella cracker, peanut butter side down to create a sandwich.




Take 4 bars baker's chocolate and 1 cup chocolate chips and place in double boiler. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Stir to mix well. Place cracker sandwiches in chocolate. Cover with chocolate and place back on wax paper. Repeat with each cracker sandwich. Sprinkle with Christmas colored sprinkles while chocolate is still warm.




Place cookie sheet in refrigerator to cool and harden chocolate. Take out and enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Love these, thank so very much for posting this recipe, my mom use to make these and I had completely forgotten about them, thanks for the reminder.

    I also pinned this recipe. Thank for sharing on Holiday Treats week, don't forget to link back so other's can join in.

    ReplyDelete