Mommy Made From Scratch

Friday, December 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Pinwheels

Today is day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas Treats! 

I'm always looking for new and different sweet recipes. I ran across this one in a cookbook that I bought at a dollar store of all places. I thought it seemed different than a lot of other recipes I have found. It's simple, sweet and quickly made. Hope you like it!






Peanut Butter Pinwheels
1 lb. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
milk, as needed
peanut butter

Combine sugar and vanilla in medium sized mixing bowl. Add 3-4 tablespoons of milk to the sugar mixture until a ball forms that isn't too sticky to be rolled out. If it is too sticky, just add a bit more sugar.




Roll ball out on wax paper until 1/4 inch thick.




Spread with peanut butter.






Roll up into a log shape and wrap in wax paper.




Chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Slice into circles. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. This is a great tasting candy. My mom use to make it when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete