Mommy Made From Scratch

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Banana Bread

I love sweet breads. Banana. Coffee cake. Zucchini. Pumpkin. All amazing to me and super simple to make for breakfast, brunch or simple snacking.

One day a few weeks ago we had some bananas that were really ripe so I decided to make banana bread the next day with them. To my surprise, when time came to make the bread there was only one banana left. In all fairness, I never told my husband that I had plans for them so he ate all but one. He's off the hook, I guess.

Dying for banana bread, I came up with this solution to my lack of bananas and created a super yummy fruit bread that my whole family loved. This will probably only encourage my husband in the future to leave only one banana behind.

Enjoy!




Apple Cinnamon Banana Bread
1 ripe banana, mashed
applesauce, less than 1 cup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
chopped walnuts or pecans (optional, I didn't include them)


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan then set aside.

After you've mashed the banana, put in 1 cup measuring cup then fill the rest up with applesauce.

Mix together banana/applesauce mixture, sour cream, oil and eggs in large bowl.

In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredient mixture until just combined. Fold in nuts, if desired.

Pour batter into pan then bake for 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for at least 5 minutes before removing.







Check out my Amazon store for a set of bakeware, including the pan you'll need for this recipe here!

Linked to tatertots & jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party

No comments:

Post a Comment