Mommy Made From Scratch

Friday, January 6, 2012

Chase-the-Chills-Away Chicken Noodle Soup

I've never been much of a soup person but on occasion, especially in the fall and winter, I get a real hankerin' (picture me chewing on a piece of straw or wheat or whatever farmers stereotypically chew on) for a nice, warm bowl of soup.

This is the first soup I have made apart from chili and chowder. From childhood all the way up into young adulthood I always just assumed that people ate their broth based soups from a can like I did. I'm so glad to find out otherwise.

This soup is full of fresh vegetables that are tender but have the perfect amount of crunch left in them. The broth has a bit of a kick to it with the addition of pepper making it so much better than canned soups.

It's been cold around here lately. This is the perfect soup to warm you right up! Enjoy!




Chase-the-Chills-Away Chicken Noodle Soup
3- 14 oz. cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup sliced carrots
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 cup uncooked extra wide egg noodles
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with a fork

Heat broth, black pepper, carrots and celery in a 3 qt. pot over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil.

Stir the noodles and chicken into the pot. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.







No comments:

Post a Comment