Mommy Made From Scratch

Thursday, February 2, 2012

ecoStore Product Review

Several weeks back, I was contacted by Maggie with ecoStore USA to see if I was interested in trying out some of their products to review. I checked out their USA website and facebook page and decided that their products were worth a try. After all, I've been trying to find ways to use more natural things in our household, be it in the food that we eat or the products that we clean with. EcoStore seemed a natural fit...pun intended. 




Now I know that this may seem to be a stretch from my usual posts, as it is not directly food related. But when ecoStore asked what two products I wanted to try, the first thing that popped out to me was their Pure Oxygen Whitener because my husband and I had just been talking about trying something like that the night before I was contacted. It seemed like destiny.






So for my first selection I chose the whitener. The next thing I chose was their Dishwash Liquid. Now that ties it all in quite nicely to the topic of food, doesn't it? Ultimately it wasn't my decision on what they sent me so I ended up being graciously given the whitener and the Laundry Liquid, which makes sense since they could be used together and are both used for laundry. 

Now that I've got you all up to speed on why we're veering off of the food train, let me tell you about my experience using the two products sent to me. 

I tried the whitener with a load of whites by just putting it in with my laundry after using the recommendation of dissolving in water first, then adding to the machine. I honestly didn't see a whole lot of difference in how white the overall load was so I thought I'd try a small load of whites using the whitener in a different way listed on the label. 

For my next load I let the clothing sit overnight while soaking in the whitener-water mixture. My daughter had just had a bloody nose the night before so her pillow case was a perfect test subject for this. Check out what happened:

Before:



After:





I was ecstatic! Blood is such a hard thing to get out of laundry so I was super excited that this did the trick and in only one shot. 

Of course I used the laundry detergent they sent me in both loads as well. The detergent performed just as well as my regular brand, all, which I've been more than happy with over the years. This detergent has a fresh, almost minty smell to it which seemed quite nice and gave me the impression of cleanliness immediately.

Here are some of the reasons I would consider a switch to ecoStore beyond what I've shown you above:

- no nasty chemicals
- no toxic petrochemicals
- no phosphates
- no nitrates
- no enzymes
- no chlorine
- no dyes or synthetic perfumes
- no optical whiteners
- no animal testing
- earth friendly

If you would like to learn more about ecoStore, check out their USA website here. They carry a whole line of products including household cleaners, baby, bath & body, haircare and products for your pet. 

Also, check out their facebook page here, and let them know I sent you.

Thanks so much ecoStore!

*Disclaimer - I was given these products to try by ecoStore USA. I am not being compensated in any way for my promotion of their products. The above statements are my honest opinion of the products given to me.*

No comments:

Post a Comment