Mommy Made From Scratch

Friday, February 10, 2012

Parmesan Broccoli & Cauliflower with Chives



I have a hard time getting my kids to eat vegetables...any vegetables...ever. The one vegetable that both of them will usually eat is broccoli. It's funny to me because broccoli isn't the least bit sweet in flavor and it kinda reeks. In fact, after making this dish, my whole refrigerator smelled of it until all of the leftovers had been eaten. Sure, there are green onions and garlic in it but I could mostly smell the broccoli. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies too, despite the smell. Why is it that something that tastes so yummy can smell the complete opposite? It puzzles me.

So moving on...

Since I have a hard time getting my kids to eat any other vegetable, I usually try to dress it up differently whenever I fix it. When I first made this version, I thought for sure that my kids wouldn't even try it because of all of the other stuff mixed with it. Boy was I wrong! Today at lunch I was finishing up the last bit of this when Asher put down his snack and yelled, "Brocci! Brocci!" I had to share.

I hope you try this out and enjoy it! Be sure to make extra and store it in a well-sealed container.





Parmesan Broccoli & Cauliflower with Chives
1 package (12 oz.) frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
sea salt, to taste

Steam vegetables and onions in a microwave steamer for approximately 7 minutes or until tender. I used my favorite steamer from Pampered Chef pictured below. You could also steam your vegetables in a microwave-safe container with a lid slightly off or using a steamer machine or basket.




Stir in garlic powder, cheese and salt. Serve immediately and enjoy!








Linked to:




Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a Happy Valentine's Day and blessed week. ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! Thanks for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete