Mommy Made From Scratch

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Maple Roasted Chicken with Vegetables


Spring is nearly upon us so I thought I'd stick in one last winter-like dish before the flowers begin to bloom.
I was organizing my recipe box a while back and ran across this recipe. It is the perfect blend of savory and sweet. 

I also love the fact that it is a meal-all-in-one kind of dish. As a kid I wasn't a big fan of casseroles and loved to have each flavor separated...I mean to the point of no foods touching each other on my plate. I'm still like that with certain foods, i.e. dessert touching my lasagna or something like that, but overall I'm over it. My husband doesn't understand why I wouldn't want my brownie on the plate that I just ate spaghetti on. Maybe I'll come up with spaghetti flavored brownies and see if he understands. Knowing him, he'll probably think they're good. 

Well while I get busy creating my spaghetti flavored brownies, check out my recipe for Maple Roasted Chicken with Vegetables...




Maple Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
1 1/2 lbs. chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
poultry seasoning, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
2 cups petite baby carrots, or carrots cut to 1-inch pieces
3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme or 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.

Pour the carrots, sweet potatoes and onion into the dish. Drizzle with maple syrup and olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme. Stir mixture around to coat.

Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and/or a meat thermometer reads 165°F.

Let stand for 5-10 minutes, covered with foil before serving.

Enjoy!







Linked to:





Everyday Mom's Meals


1 comment:

  1. I am sure the flavor of maple absolutely makes this dish! Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete