Mommy Made From Scratch

Monday, July 9, 2012

Punch-a-Prize party game

I made a game reminiscent of the Punch a Bunch game on The Price is Right for my daughter's 5th birthday party. But instead of cash as prizes, and since I'm not loaded, I put pieces of candy or toys in each hole. Each child would then take turns punching and receiving their prizes until all of the holes were punched out. 



Since the kids ages ranged from 2 to 5 I figured this would be a game in which each child would win and it would be an equal playing ground. I put girls prizes in the dotted bowls and striped prizes in the boys bowls so that the boys wouldn't end up with lipstick candy and the girls wouldn't end up with a Matchbox car.


Here's the how-to:

To make the game, I filled Styrofoam bowls with a piece of candy or toy and covered them with a decorative napkin. I used tape to attach the napkins to the bowls by wrapping each napkin around and taping it on the bottom. I used napkins as opposed to tissue paper because I only needed one layer of the napkin as opposed to several layers of tissue paper...and I found the napkins for super cheap on clearance.


I then glued each napkin wrapped bowl onto a piece of foam-core board. It helps to lay out all of the bowls ahead of time onto the foam-core that is laid down onto a flat surface then pick each bowl up and glue one at a time. The Elmer's Glue-All was perfect for this project! It is strong and dries relatively fast but not so fast that you don't have time to work with it if needs be.

The kids had a lot of fun with this! The only complaint was that they wanted to keep on going!

2 comments:

  1. Fun party game. I like the idea of using bowls and napkins.

    ReplyDelete