Mommy Made From Scratch

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Top Ten Post Countdown ~ #10 BBQ Chicken Shells & Cheese

In 10 days I will be celebrating my one year blogiversary.

I began this blog as a way for me to feed my family with more variety, fewer artificial preservatives and as a way to learn more about cooking altogether. I have had a hard time trying to balance life as a wife and mother of two young children as well as maintain a household and somewhat of a social life.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it to a year as it seemed that I was spending so much of my time on completing posts and networking that I was neglecting to spend time with my kids. Don't get me wrong. They weren't neglected in a non-hygienic, starvation sort of way. I continued to feed and bathe my kids but I didn't seem to have much time to do crafts, puzzles, dress-up...those sorts of things with them anymore. I am still trying to figure it all out. I do truly enjoy doing this but just like everything else in life, there has to be a happy balance between it all.

I don't talk a whole lot on this blog about myself beyond what goes on with the recipes. It's nice to let you all in on what goes on in my life as I share what's in my kitchen with you.

I have struggled to decide if I want to make this blog a source of income or just not worry about it. I'm still on the fence about all of that. It wasn't my initial intention of making this a money-making thing but there are so many opportunities for my family if I do. And if I choose to pursue that route, it will take even more of my time and energy.

Decisions. Decisions.

I have been truly blessed to be the wife of my wonderful husband and to have the children that I do. I never want to take that for granted. Regardless of all of the struggles that I have mentioned above, writing this blog over this past year has given me an outlet to create and share with my family and my new friends...you! I look forward to sharing more with you over this next year.


I wanted to do something fun to countdown to my one year blogiversary on July 27th. So to lead up to my special day I thought we'd do a little Top Ten Post Countdown based on the number of times each post has been viewed.

I'm gonna kick this baby off with #10....Barbecue Chicken Shells & Cheese!


2 comments:

  1. Those shells look absolutely yummy!

    Great countdown idea for your blog's anniversary :-)

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete