Mommy Made From Scratch

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Core Kitchen Review & Fall Deliciousness {Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread}

I was so excited to be contacted by Shannon from Core Kitchen to test out and review some of Core Kitchen's products. In the mail I received the Dual Grip Large Cutting Board in Strawberry, the Large Grip Strip Funnel Cutting Board in Strawberry, a Bamboo + Silicone Spoon in Strawberry and the Large and Mini Bamboo + Silicone Pointed Spatula Set, also in Strawberry.





Each of the pieces are made with great quality. I love all of the bright color choices available including: strawberry (pictured), teal, magenta, onyx, lime, manchester, dublin, etc. The silicone on the utensils is strong and durable and the bamboo adds a special, modern touch. I have a number of bamboo products in my kitchen. One of the things I love about bamboo is that it is easily and quickly regrown so that the forests and all the animals in them remain safe and can sustain life.

The cutting boards are wonderful! I have a hard time finding cutting boards that I really love. The Strip Grip Funnel boards have silicone strips on the back to keep them in place when cutting. The Dual Grip also has silicone on both ends that extends to the back of the boards to also keep them in place. I love the funnel aspect of the Strip Grip Funnel board as it makes it easier to get the food that has been chopped into the bowl or pan without spilling all over the counter. Both boards have a hole at the top for easy storage. They are easy to clean and very durable.

I used the spatula set to make one of my family's favorite fall recipes...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. Take a look below to see them in action!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
3 cups sugar
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp group cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup water
1- 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Grease the bottom and sides of two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans; set aside. 

Beat sugar and oil on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.

Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Alternately add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin. 




Take a look at those spatulas in action! My three year old loved using them.

Add chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared pans.



Give the monkeys some extra chocolate chips to snack on while you wait...


I love how easily the spatulas scraped out the pumpkin can and the mix bowl! I can't stand to waste any food leftover in the containers.

Bake the bread at 350° F for 55-65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing for best results. If you don't have time or self-control to wait overnight just wait 20-30 minutes at least before slicing.




So here's my bottom line on Core Kitchen products: Great quality. Gorgeous colors. Modern design. Great price point

Be sure to check out Core Kitchen at their website, on facebook, twitter and Pinterest. Core offers all sorts of kitchen products beyond the cutting boards and utensils I reviewed, including: glass prep boards and trivets, knives and cast iron products.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN! Check back at Mommy Made From Scratch for an upcoming giveaway from Core Kitchen!

*Disclosure: I was given these products to review at no cost to me. I was not given any sort of monetary compensation for my review. All views expressed in this review are strictly my opinion.*

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing delicious review with us, it looks good and easy to make. Also thanks for sharing the recipe, would be trying it at home

    ReplyDelete